So, I toyed with the idea of not doing a "30 Days of Thanks" series on my blog this year. "We have been doing "thankful" journals throughout the year. Does anybody read this? What's the point?" Then, I started thinking that it's important for us to share with others our thanksgiving. To point them to a God that is bigger than all their failings, struggles and crazy lives. He is worthy of thanks and praise.
Today has been a humdinger of a day to kick off the month! Our refrigerator showed no real signs of needed to be defrosted until we got up this morning and it felt WARM! Instead of crying like I really wanted to do, I started thinking of things I could give thanks to God about.
- I'm thankful that I scaled back my grocery shopping yesterday.
- I'm thankful that the freezer stayed frozen through the whole process.
- The refrigerator needed a good cleaning out and wiping down anyway.
- There were things that needed to be purged and this was a good time to do it.
- I'm thankful for a husband that keeps me grounded when I just want to have a good cry!
- I'm thankful for someone who understands my quirkiness about food safety and doesn't judge me for it.
- I'm thankful that my family didn't mind having corn bread and apples for lunch, when I didn't feel comfortable serving the dinner I had prepared yesterday for today.
- I'm thankful that JP offered to go to the store to replace the stuff we need replacing.
- For provision to buy new food to replace what we will lose.
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18